[SciPy-dev] More on Summer NumPy Doc Marathon

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Jun 10 02:32:10 CDT 2009

Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:17:33 -0700, David Goldsmith kirjoitti:

> --- On Tue, 6/9/09, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> > Certainly; the only question, Wiki Developers, is: can
>> it be added programatically (so that I don't have to add it manually to
>> every page)?
>>
>> The sources for the docs editor is available here:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pydocweb
>>
>> If you send a patch to Pauli, he'll integrate it. Sometimes he is
>> kind enough to make the changes by himself, but ideally we should help
>> him out.
>
> OK, I'll try (though Joe might protest: as I understand it, he's paying
> me to write and edit doc, not code).

The easiest way is to just edit the templates/base.html (or whatever the
file was), just add the new link after the others. I can also do this
myself (today evening), as it's a one-line change.

The real fix, as the scope of Pydocweb isn't just Numpy/Scipy though it's
the main focus, is to allow adding custom links to the top bar. This is
then a bit more work.

Btw. I suggest handling wiki engine feature suggestions and bugs using
the issue tracker in the above Google Code page, possibly in addition to
discussing them on this or the Pydocweb list. This should make it easier
for me and possibly other interested parties to follow what is suggested.

Thanks,
Pauli