[SciPy-dev] Created Doc Marathon Project at code.google

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jun 11 03:50:49 CDT 2009

Hi David,

Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:47:16 -0700, David Goldsmith kirjoitti:
> Hi, folks.  So, you may recall I expressed want of a "ticketing system,"
> primarily for myself, for NumPy Doc Wiki tasks.  It was suggested I just
> piggy-back on the pydocweb Project @ code.google, but after a
> false-start there,

Sorry, I'm unfortunately still a bit busy, so given the time difference,
I didn't manage to reply to your previous post about this in time.

> I realized, why not just start a new Project
> expressly for the Marathon?  So I did:
> http://code.google.com/p/numpydocmarathon09/.  I -
> d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com - am the owner,

Yeah, this sounds like a better solution than using the Pydocweb tracker,
as the wiki engine and its Numpy marathon instance are conceptually
different. But if you have feature requests that have to do with the
engine rather than content (eg. changing the colours), feel free to
submit tickets to the Pydocweb tracker.

> and I configured the issues
> tracker so that only owners and members can submit issues (at least I
> hope so).
> But, I certainly want to make it available as a resource for
> others to use in the advancement of the Marathon, so if you want to be
> added as a member, just let me know.

Is this a necessary restriction? The google system seems fairly resilient
against spam, and it might be easier for people to participate if
everyone could submit requests and suggestions.

Cheers,
Pauli