[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] [ANN] SciPy 2009 conference opened up for registration

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Sun Jun 21 18:20:08 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Gael
Varoquaux<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> We are finally opening the registration for the SciPy 2009 conference. It
> took us time, but the reason is that we made careful budget estimations
> to bring the registration cost down.
>
> We are very happy to announce that this year registration to the
> conference will be only $150, sprints $100, and students get half price!
> We made this effort because we hope it will open up the conference to
> more people, especially students that often have to finance this trip
> with little budget. As a consequence, however, catering at noon is not
> included.

One more question -- how can I actually register for the conference? I went to:

http://conference.scipy.org/

registered and sent the abstract (some time ago already). So today I
logged in and clicked "registration":

http://conference.scipy.org/to_register

which says "To register to the conference, create an account on this
site and log in. Go to your profile page, you can submit an abstract
or register to the conference.", so I clicked on my profile page:

http://conference.scipy.org/profile

which shows my abstract, but it says "The conference is not yet open
for registration.". So how can I pay the conference fees and register?

Thanks,
Ondrej