[SciPy-dev] Question: general heap implementation versus specific?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Mar 3 05:36:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Anne Archibald
<peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote the heap implementation in cKDTree, and I wrestled with the
> same question. As JWZ put it in the XKeyCaps source "I'd just like to
> take this moment to point out that C has all the expressive power of
> two dixie cups and a string." The problem is really one of writing
> generic data structures in C.

There are partial solutions to this problem, I don't know if you are
aware of them:
 - autogen: http://www.gnu.org/software/autogen/
 - Python pre-processing (using for example the template system we
have in numpy for .src files).

Autogen is quite nice (but runs only on unix/cygwin).

cheers,

David