[SciPy-dev] Sad sad sad... Was: Warning about remaining issues in stats.distributions ?

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis@broad.mit....
Sat Mar 14 19:56:49 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 23:51,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixing numerical integration over the distance of a machine epsilon of
> a function that has a singularity at the boundary was not very high on
> my priority list.

I've been working with some code for integration using the
double-exponential transform, which is useful for exactly this case.
I'm not familiar with all the issues involved here, but if you would
like to explore that option, let me know and I'll send you the code.

I was planning on cleaning it up a bit and contributing it to scipy, anyway.