[SciPy-dev] Possible Error in Kendall's Tau (scipy.stats.stats.kendalltau)

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Thu Mar 19 12:13:58 CDT 2009

On 3/19/2009 6:03 PM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:

> I only checked your python version, and all numbers agree with mine
> and so can be considered as verified with spss and R (for tau-b).

 > I will open an enhancement ticket for your contingency table version
 > and the extension of the current stats.kendalltau.

You don't have to. I just did (ticket #893).

I have added Cython versions of kendalltau and kendalltau_fromct. They
are more than ten times faster than the Python version I posted.

It needs review and decision. I get numbers that look correct to me.

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/893

Sturla Molden