[SciPy-dev] Has IPython been useful to you? Please let me know...

Tom Grydeland tom.grydeland@gmail....
Sun Mar 22 06:31:27 CDT 2009

Hello, Mr. Perez

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

> So, if you have used IPython and it has made a significant
> contribution to your project, work, research, company, whatever, I'd
> be very grateful if you let me know.  A short paragraph on what this
> benefit has been is all I ask.  Once I gather any information I get, I
> would contact directly some of the responders to ask for your
> authorization before quoting you.

My name is Tom Grydeland, I am PhD of physics, working in a small
petroleum exploration company in Norway called Discover Petroleum.  As
part of expanding our collection of exploration tools, we have a
significant research and development effort, and the majority of our
in-house development uses Python with NumPy and SciPy.  Without the
availability of a convenient cross-platform interactive environment
such as that provided by IPython, the choice of Python as a language
would have been less obvious.  While there are alternatives, they
typically are much more expensive, or inconvenient, or both.  Thank
you so much for your efforts, they are much appreciated.

> Best regards,
>
> Fernando Perez.

Thanks, and best of luck with your application.

--
Tom Grydeland
  <Tom.Grydeland@(gmail.com)>