[SciPy-dev] Porting SciPy to Py3k GSOC project

Mon Mar 23 15:47:38 CDT 2009

Hi Ross,

2009/3/22 ross smith <rjsm@umich.edu>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am interested in porting SciPy/NumPy to Py3k.  I've been working this
> past school year to port an existing code base to py3k for a research group
> on campus.  A lot of the code relies on SciPy and NumPy but the scope of my
> project didn't let me work on porting either project, to my dismay.  I'd
> love the opportunity to port a project I use heavily in my own code and gain
> a better understanding of how it works.
>
> We are supposed to contact the group we would be working with, to flesh out
> the details of our application.  I've looked at the application and the only
> thing I know I'll need significant help with is the Milestones portion.  Of
> course,  Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Do you have a plan of attack? What all does your experience suggest will be
needed? I think if you can end the project with a report on your experience
and a list of things that needed to be done that that would be helpful in
itself.

Chuck