[SciPy-dev] Summer of Code: Proposal for Implementing date/time types in NumPy

Tue Mar 24 00:52:17 CDT 2009

Hi Marty,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Marty Fuhry <martyfuhry@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was reading through the Summer of Code ideas and I'm terribly
> interested in date/time proposal
> (
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/neps/datetime-proposal3.rst
> ).
> I would love to work on this for a Google Summer of Code project. I'm
> a sophmore studying Computer Science and Mathematics at Kent State
> University in Ohio, so this project directly relates to my studies. Is
> there anyone looking into this proposal yet?

You might want to cross post on the numpy mailing list also just to make
sure Francesc sees it. Note also the recent post by Matt Knox (Recommended
compiler...), he and Pierre might also be interested in this work.

Do you know Laura Smithies? I was in graduate school with her.

Chuck