[SciPy-dev] Porting SciPy to Py3k GSOC project

Wed Mar 25 09:26:53 CDT 2009

David Huard wrote:

> My understanding is that Pearu still maintains the code in the sense
> that he fixes the occasional bugs, but does not actively develop it
> anymore. He started a refactoring of the code known as f2py g3 which
> is hosted at http://launchpad.net/f2py/ but this project seems to be
> on hold for the moment.
> If you wish to work on f2py, I suggest you make sure he has some time
> to act as mentor for this project
Note that I'm currently discussing a GSoC project in the Cython camp on
Fortran integration with a promising student (with me as mentor). One
possibility we're looking at is using f2py for parsing and Cython as the
backend/output format. The aim would be to have a more transparent
Cython/Fortran experience without having to go through a Python layer.

I'll get back to the NumPy list in a day or two when we have discussed
the road we want to take a bit more.

Dag Sverre