[SciPy-dev] NumPy f2py GSOC project

ross smith rjsm@umich....
Fri Mar 27 01:32:20 CDT 2009

I have tried to contact Pearu but my schools mail server has bounced the
emails I send back for some reason. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

code clean-up/plan building is something that does interest me.  I've seen a
few other mentor organizations that have 'bug fixer'  ideas listed for gsoc
projects so I think I could sell a project like that.   the way I'd see it
working is, I'd help clean-up code and bugfix for the first part of the
summer, to get acquainted with the various pieces to NumPy, then the later
portion would be starting to flesh out a plan for the transition.  I'll see
what I can come up with for a proposal for this type of project.

I would like to continue working with the NumPy/SciPy team after this
summer.  I think it's a bit of a waste, both for me and for the mentors, to
ditch a project after only a couple months.  So I should be around when more
work is being done on the conversion.

-Ross