[SciPy-dev] erf, erfc and ndtr on OS X

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Fri May 1 14:12:53 CDT 2009

Hi Tobias

2009/5/1 Tobias Wood <twood@doc.ic.ac.uk>:
> I'm not sure whether this should go to the dev or users list, so sorry if
> it is in the wrong place. I'm using the lastest SVN Numpy/Scipy checkouts
> with Python 2.6 on Mac OS 10.5. I was trying to use the ndtr function in
> scipy.special and discovered that it returned 0.5 for all input values
> except +/-Inf. A little bit of searching pulled up the following bug
> ticket:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/899

> What is the likelihood of this being fixed in the SVN repository?

Very good :)

Pauli and I had a look, and it seems that for some reason the
Endianess of your system was detected incorrectly.  This could be
because of a Python header built on a different system, I'm not sure.
Either way, we removed the Endianess detection, so you should no
longer experience problems.

Cheers
Stéfan