[SciPy-dev] Undefined NAN in amos_wrappers.c errors on Solaris amd64

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed May 6 13:31:48 CDT 2009

Wed, 06 May 2009 11:54:12 -0500, Dave Peterson wrote:

> Finding that many of the other .c files in scipy/special/cephes
> contained an extern NAN definition, I ended up inserting the following
> in amos_wrappers.c. The file now compiles and 'python setup.py build'
> finishes, but is this the "right" fix?

Good catch! My bad, you're perhaps the first one to compile Scipy SVN
with a non-C99 compiler since January :)

> I would have thought there was a common header where this should be
> declared?

We have a lot of technical debt in scipy.special, so NAN etc. are not
collected to a single header.

--
Pauli Virtanen