[SciPy-dev] adding mpfit to scipy optimize (Please respond)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun May 10 03:57:52 CDT 2009

Sat, 09 May 2009 23:33:13 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM, william ratcliff <
> william.ratcliff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the feedback!   Next week is rather busy for me, but I will
>> try to improve the exception handling and look into calling portions of
>> minpack directly (ex qr factorization) --but are they currently exposed
>> to python?
>>

> qr is available in numpy, try help np.linalg.qr .

However, column-pivoted QR, which the Minpack code uses is not exposed
currently, AFAIK. The LAPACK routines xGEQPF/xGEQP3 doing this could be
easily exposed in scipy.lib.lapack by modifying	scipy/lib/lapack/
flapack_llsc.pyf.src

--
Pauli Virtanen