[SciPy-dev] Question about doc editing - here the right place?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sun May 10 09:49:05 CDT 2009

Hi David

2009/5/9 David Goldsmith <d_l_goldsmith@yahoo.com>:
> Hi, all.  First, is this the right place to ask technical questions about editing the doc, or is there a sub-list for that?

Sure, either here or on numpy-discussion.

> Second, for now, I'll ask my present question here: the "template" states "refer to variables using back-ticks, e.g. `var`," but I find that when I do so for variables that are also numpy function names (e.g., pv, nper, pmt, etc. in fv), the resulting formatting is a link, not the italics present in the function declaration;

Please keep variable names in `backticks`.  If there is a problem with
the presentation, we can fix it later, but it is very difficult to
estimate the author's intended meaning!

Regards
Stéfan