[SciPy-dev] RFR: #902 firwin upgrades

Tom K. tpk@kraussfamily....
Sun May 10 21:41:40 CDT 2009

(I sent this to scipy-dev@scipy.org, thinking it would appear here,
I am horribly confused - sorry for the duplication :-)

SIMPLE REVIEW NEEDED - SINGLE FUNCTION

Link to Trac ticket:  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/902

This is adding a highpass, bandpass, bandstop, and multiband capability to
signal.firwin.  I submitted a patch attached to the ticket to filter_design.py.
I also added a test class in tests/test_filter_design.py.

Let me know if there are any problems with the patch as this is my first patch
to scipy and I am new to SVN.

To do:
  - consider accepting a list of tuples of band edges for cutoff, since that
    seems more natural for describing multiband filters.
  - figure out what to do about even length filters which are currently not
    linear-phase (that is symmetric).

Also, I seem to be having trouble with the trac system, it's saying that the
data base is locked.  It won't let me add notes or change the status to
"needs review"...

Cheers,
  Tom K.