[SciPy-dev] backporting changes in scipy.stats

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu May 14 14:34:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:37 AM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the changes in scipy.stats could be backported to scipy 7.1
>>
>> changesets: 5591, 5592, 5597, 5599, 5601, 5600, 5602, 5604, 5623,
>> 5636, 5637, 5638, 5646, 5672(replay) are (mostly) bugfixes and
>> improvement in numerical precision.
>> changesets: 5598, 5645 are additional tests
>> changesets: 5562, 5564, 5565, 5566, 5567, 5587 are switching to
>> np.mean, np.var and can be backported or not
>>
>> I never did any backporting and I'm currently not set up for it.
>> I would appreciate if someone could backport these changes, otherwise
>> I will try to do it next weekend.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> If the changes are all specific to a certain file/directory and there are no
> changes you *don't* want to backport from that file/directory, the easiest
> thing to do is check out the 7.1.x branch, copy over the files/directory
> from the trunk, and check in the result. There are doubtless more
> sophisticated ways if you happen to have the whole repository including
> branches checked out, but I think that is the simplest and safest.

Thanks, that sounds easy enough. I have usually only the trunk checked out.
There is one set of changes, the removal of stats.mean, var, std and
median, that we don't want to backport, but this could be confined to
the four functions. I'm very used to winmerge, so I can do this by the
end of the week.

Josef