[SciPy-dev] backporting changes in scipy.stats

Thu May 14 21:14:06 CDT 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Thu, 14 May 2009 16:31:06 -0400, josef.pktd wrote:
> [clip]
>
>> What's the policy for depreciation warnings, should they be backported?
>> I can commit and backport them, but do the functions remain available
>> during the 0.8.x cycle.
>>

> I don't think they should be ported, stuff should be deprecated only in
> major versions, I think.

Yes, nothing related to deprecation should change. A good rule is: if it
does not close a ticket, think twice before committing a change to
0.7.x. Another important point is that 0.7.x should be compatible with
numpy >= 1.2.0.

cheers,

David