[SciPy-dev] backporting changes in scipy.stats

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu May 14 22:15:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:14 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>> Thu, 14 May 2009 16:31:06 -0400, josef.pktd wrote:
>> [clip]
>>
>>> What's the policy for depreciation warnings, should they be backported?
>>> I can commit and backport them, but do the functions remain available
>>> during the 0.8.x cycle.
>>>

>> I don't think they should be ported, stuff should be deprecated only in
>> major versions, I think.
>>

> Yes, nothing related to deprecation should change. A good rule is: if it
> does not close a ticket, think twice before committing a change to
> 0.7.x. Another important point is that 0.7.x should be compatible with
> numpy >= 1.2.0.

There shouldn't be any problems with the changes, I still have numpy
1.2.0, so I can run the testsuite before committing.

The main changes that are not bug fixes or numerical precision
improvements are the removal of the usage of  stats.mean, var, ... in
the other stats functions, which are not supposed to cause any
problems.

Josef