[SciPy-dev] How to include new code (Re: Ball Tree)

Mon Nov 2 12:08:11 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Jake VanderPlas <jakevdp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been following the developer's list for a while, and I would
> like to start contributing to scipy.  I wrote the list about a Ball
> Tree implementation that I would like to include in scipy.spatial.
> I've written a python/C++ implementation, and for k-nearest-neighbor
> searches in large dimensions (d~1000), it is about 10 times faster
> than the current scipy.spatial.cKDTree.  Can someone point me to
> instructions on how to start the process of including this in scipy?
> I have a local copy of the scipy svn, and my code consists of a few
> C++ files and a working setup.py  Thanks!
>   -Jake
> __

Sounds like the easiest way would be to open a ticket, attach a patch, and
mark it for review. If it doesn't get any attention, complain on the list.
In any case, if the new addition needs maintenance you will probably need
commit privileges in the long run.

Chuck