[SciPy-dev] Cython and large generated .c files

Sun Nov 8 08:01:47 CST 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> I think Cython has some pre-made distutils hooks to make this less
> painless. I don't know how nicely they work with numpy.distutils,
> however...

Should not be too hard to support it.

> I agree that things may get annoying if we decide to avoid this in the
> long run, if the number of Cython-based extensions starts to grow.

Is size really a problem ? I am a bit worried about adding cython as a
build requirement. We have already enough problems as it is, adding a
requirement can only make things worse.

David