[SciPy-dev] np.savetxt: apply patch in enhancement ticket 1079 to add headers?

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sun Nov 8 17:26:11 CST 2009

Hi all,

I am assuming that this is ok to request via the list...  Could we
discuss or could someone apply the patch in enhancement ticket 1079?

http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1079

I needed this functionality recently, and this is a quick and easy fix
that may have been overlooked.

There is also another enhancement request about this here:
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1236

The only thing that I can think of that might need to be added is a
test to see that the header length is the same as the number of
columns, but really that might just be up to the user to supply the
right headers.  It might also be nice to have a header = True, that
uses the field names for a structured array, but I can live without
that.

Cheers,

Skipper