[SciPy-dev] Cython and large generated .c files

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Nov 9 20:06:44 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So, should we make Scipy depend on Cython at build-time?
>>
>> I think this would be fine.   In fact, I think it would be a good
>> idea.  It would encourage Cython extensions.
>
> That seems good to me too.

That's decided then. I will add cython support to numpy.distutils (and
will also expand the cython support in numscons). For numpy.distutils,
I would prefer add it after 1.4.0 (meaning manual cython for scipy
0.8.0): is this acceptable for you Matthew ?

cheers,

David