[SciPy-dev] Cython and large generated .c files

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Mon Nov 9 20:06:55 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So, should we make Scipy depend on Cython at build-time?
>>
>> I think this would be fine.   In fact, I think it would be a good
>> idea.  It would encourage Cython extensions.
>
> That seems good to me too.

I have some naive code implementing automatic download of a zip file
checkout from the Cython repos. After a few fixes some time ago,
Cython can happily run with zipimport (there is a nasty warning that
could be worked for removal), so the build-time dependency could be
somewhat alleviated, the scipy buildsystem could just try to
automatically download a zip file in case of a missing/outdated Cython
installation.

--
Lisandro Dalcín