[SciPy-dev] Matlab reader refactored, please stress test

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Nov 13 11:40:54 CST 2009

On 13-Nov-09, at 3:03 AM, Matthew Brett wrote:

> I've just committed a comprehensive refactoring of the matlab file
> readers.   Much of the heavy code is now in Cython.  It's much faster
> now,  around the same order as Matlab itself, I think.

I saw the benchmarks you posted, I'm very impressed!

> Because the code is almost completely rewritten, I'd be very grateful
> if you matlab io users and developers out there could check out and
> run the code on the files you use.

I'm not a typical user of the mio stuff but I do have some mat files
hanging around from the bad old days, I will try them out ASAP.

David