[SciPy-dev] Uploading attachments in scipy.org

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Wed Nov 18 06:35:27 CST 2009

Ramon Crehuet skrev:
> Hi all,
> I few days ago I posted a question and I have not received any answer. I
> have modified the Performance Python page, introducing new examples with
> fortran 90.

By the way: It is important that the measurements are taken on the same
computer. For example, if you claim you Fortran 90 code is twice as fast
a Pearu's Fortran 77, then that should not reflect differences in
hardware, compiler, compiler flags, etc. I see no reason why Fortran 90
should be faster than Fortran 77.

The same goes for the MATLAB and Octave measurements.

Sturla