[SciPy-dev] Question for git-svn masters

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Nov 25 19:09:09 CST 2009

ke, 2009-11-25 kello 17:01 -0800, Matthew Brett kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Thanks - but - when run:
>
>        git remote add svn http://projects.scipy.org/git/scipy.git
>        git fetch svn
>
> In my github repository local clone, and then try and rebase:
>
> mb312@angela:~/dev_trees/scipy$ git svn rebase
> Migrating from a git-svn v1 layout...
> Data from a previous version of git-svn exists, but
> 	.git/svn
> 	(required for this version (1.6.5) of git-svn) does not exist.
> Done migrating from a git-svn v1 layout
> Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

Works for me (git 1.6.3.3):

	git clone git://github.com/matthew-brett/scipy-work.git
	git svn init -s --prefix=svn/ http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy
	git remote add svn http://projects.scipy.org/git/scipy.git
	git svn rebase -l -n

Are you sure you typed the correct commands? Perhaps you have to
"rm -rf .git/svn" if it contains old cruft from your previous tries?
Perhaps there's some cruft in .git/config?

Also, I'd rather use "git rebase svn/trunk" than "git svn rebase", as
the latter is quite a bit more magical.

--
Pauli Virtanen