[SciPy-dev] Note on changeset 5878: Add old_behavior arg for convolve2d and correlate2d

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Oct 7 07:49:14 CDT 2009

2009/10/7 Pearu Peterson <pearu.peterson@gmail.com>:
> The problem right now is that it is difficult to write a stable
> application that would not give this warning.
> Using old_behavior=False argument means that when upgrading to scipy
> 0.9.0, the application will become broken because the kw argument will
> be removed. In my application the old and new behaviors are identical.

If the old and new behaviours are identical, you could just suppress
the warning:

http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html#temporarily-suppressing-warnings

Cheers
Stéfan