[SciPy-dev] chararray docstrings

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Oct 13 16:48:39 CDT 2009

OK, I'm coming into this thread a bit late, but I see that many of the
defchararray.chararray docstrings are still at "Being Written" (which is
better than "Needs Editing," where a couple still are) but they should all
be at "Needs Review," yes?  I'm happy to do this, Mike, but if you'd like
the "practice" using the doc wiki, what I'd recommend is:

0) login to the wiki and, as suggested by Ralf, go to the list of all
docstrings, http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/ (accessible via the Docstrings
link atop every wiki page);

1) scroll (way) down to the light gray background "Being written" docstrings
and look for the defchararray.chararray docstring links (I count 23 of them;
'twas 24, but I promoted one while writing this out to verify these
instructions); :-)

2) click on 'em one at a time (you'll probably want to open them in a new
tab or window, so you don't have to keep going back to the docstring page);
if you get "bored," let me know and I'll finish 'em off;

3) look for the gray box on the right which says "Review status:" and then
in a drop-down has "Being written" in it, and a "Change" button next to that
(if you don't see the Change button, you're not logged-in);

4) click on the drop-down triangle to expose the other status options, one
of which should be "Needs review" (which should be in black font, assuming
you have successfully been granted the privilege to execute this promotion;
if not, it will be in gray font) and click on that;

5) then click the Change button and the Review status box should change to
pink;

6) you're done! (with one docstring; if you wish to verify that the change
"took," reload the "all docstrings" page and visually confirm that the
docstring you just promoted is no longer in the "Being written" section and
is now in fact in the "Needs review" section).

HTH; again, I'm happy to do this once you get bored, just let me know via
email (off-list is fine).

DG