[SciPy-dev] [mlabwrap] linker path

Clemens Buchacher drizzd@aon...
Tue Oct 20 17:01:29 CDT 2009

Is it common practice not to Cc the OP on this list? Luckily, I just
registered yesterday.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:25:51PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:

> On the "bright" side, I doubt that the new mlabwrap changes anything:
> when mlabwrap used ctypes and loaded the matlab engine through ctypes,
> the old zlib was likely loaded as well through rpath links.

Yeah, pre-1.1 has the matlab path hardcoded. I'm not sure if I like that or
not.

> I think that at least in theory, this could be solved with symbol
> versioning, but this is likely to be quite hairy, if not impossible
> since you don't have matlab sources. I doubt it worths it for most cases.

Well, I'm helping myself by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/path/to/matlab/bin/glnxa64 for now. Seems to
work so far.

Clemens