[SciPy-dev] chararray docstrings

Sun Oct 25 05:44:20 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@stsci.edu> wrote:

> Yes -- they should all eventually be at needs review, but I held off
> yesterday to wait for all of the free functions to show up in the doc
> editor, and a way to test the cross-referencing from the methods to the
> functions was correct, since those will probably require editing en
> masse once I know the solution.  I didn't want to have to run through
> all of them twice.
>

> Hi Mike,

I had a look at all the new chararray docstrings and it all looks pretty
good, thanks! There is one minor thing that requires some mass-editing: the
type description "array_like of string_ or unicode_" needs to be "array_like
of str or unicode". Also similar usage of string_ and unicode_ elsewhere.
The trailing backslash is Sphinx markup for a link, so they all turn into
broken links.

The other problem I noticed is the intersphinx links to the Python docs
(str.methodname) do not work. The intersphinx extension seems to be enabled,
not sure why it does not work. Maybe Pauli can shed some light on that.

Cheers,
Ralf

Mike