[SciPy-dev] chararray docstrings

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Sun Oct 25 16:11:30 CDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Ralf Gommers <
>> ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I had a look at all the new chararray docstrings and it all looks pretty
>>> good, thanks! There is one minor thing that requires some mass-editing: the
>>> type description "array_like of string_ or unicode_" needs to be "array_like
>>> of str or unicode". Also similar usage of string_ and unicode_ elsewhere.
>>> The trailing backslash is Sphinx markup for a link, so they all turn into
>>> broken links.
>>>

>> I imagine this problem is even more widespread - I can take care of it (or
>> what remains of it).
>>
>> Well, you have to visit ~50 wiki pages. For Mike it's probably some global
> replaces, and an SVN commit.....

My thinking is that global replaces will be "dangerous" in that they'll
replace the word string where that *is* what's wanted (e.g., in a
narrative).  That said, I'll take care of non-chararray occurrences first
and if Mike hasn't gotten to the chararray/"new chararray" occurrences by
the time I'm done, I'll start in on those.

DG