[SciPy-dev] Documenting function-like classes

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Oct 25 20:41:45 CDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 16:37, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

> What *is* the design motivation behind having a function-like class anyway?

Ufuncs have data and behavior bundled together. That's a classic
motivation for using classes. It just so happens that one of those
behaviors is very like a function call, so one of the methods is
__call__.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."