[SciPy-dev] RFR: Proposed fixes in scipy.stats functions for calculation of variance/error/etc.

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Mon Oct 26 00:18:09 CDT 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 12:59 AM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:

> zs was the list version for the zscore using z to calculate, the
> translation in
> the next changeset is correct only for 1d or raveled arrays, but it
> is missing
> an axis argument. It looks like z was a helper function for a scalar
> score.
> zmap got imported in this form in revision 71.
>
> stats.mstats has the same functions, but they look like literal
> translations
> since they have the same (ambiguous) treatment of axis if it's not 1d.
> stats.mstats.z has ddof=1, the others ddof=0

well, maybe it's time to start cleaning up mstats. For the z
functions, that should be straightforward, provided we don't lose the
mask with np.asarray (a np.asanyarray would be sufficient). In that
case, we could probably drop support for them in mstats. At least, we
should make sure that the mstats versions have the same defaults as
the stats ones.