[SciPy-dev] module docstrings

Tom K. tpk@kraussfamily....
Sat Oct 31 15:02:35 CDT 2009

<ralf.gommers <at> googlemail.com> wrote:
> I like routine listings....

MATLAB has a default behavior for documenting a directory on the path when
you don't have a Contents.m in that directory: it pulls the "H1" line (first
line of the M-file's help) from each M-file and lists those for you.
But the Contents.m usually was nicely formatted and grouped according
to function, with a list of each M-file with a 1-line summary.
FWIW.
I kind of like a listing too, but not all functions in all modules warrant
listing at the module level - there is an asymmetry problem.