[SciPy-dev] ANN: new google group: pystatsmodels

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Tue Sep 8 08:23:40 CDT 2009

On 09/07/2009 10:44 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:35,<josef.pktd@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> After the initial release of scikits.statsmodels, we started to have
>> email discussions about the design, implementation and extension of
>> statsmodels, as well as about datahandling and how to use statsmodels
>> for different types of data. Since this discussion seemed to
>> specialized to fill up scipy-dev with it, we decided to start a
>> dedicated google group.
>>
> Maybe it's too late, but this is not at all too specialized for
> scipy-dev. We explicitly welcome all discussions about any scikit
> here, especially those aimed at inclusion into scipy. Keeping the
> discussion here may help people searching for information at a later
> date, particularly with respect to design decisions made early on.

I tend to agree that scipy-users and scipy-dev should be able to handle
a large part of the context proposed. I find that design and
implementation discussions help others develop their own software and
datahandling almost is required by all areas. But I do recognize that
certain aspects are very specific and that could be a basis for a
separate list, perhaps along the lines of the separation between the
scipy-users and scipy-dev lists.

Bruce