[SciPy-dev] ANN: new google group: pystatsmodels

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 8 12:38:36 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> about improvements to the design and extensions. We wanted to move
> the 2 or 3 way mailing threads to a public forum, but I felt, that we have
> more freedom in producing long, "boring" mail threads on a dedicated
> list than on the general purpose scipy lists.
>
> The second reason was, that we started to discuss pandas, which
> looks like a good package for data handling, used mainly in finance,
> and which will have its first release in the near future.
> I'm also keeping an eye on some other packages that might
> become useful for econometrics (also BSD or compatible).

FWIW, I personally like the fact that other 'scipy ecosystem' packages
can and are discussed here, since it means I learn a lot without
having to track yet another separate mailing list.

I really appreciate your tact and courtesy in trying to not 'pollute'
the scipy lists with material that you feel may be somewhat off-topic.
 But I think that, given how all of us have become pretty good at just
ignoring threads we aren't keeping track of directly, in general you
would not find too much push-back from this list.

So at least from me, +1 for you guys keeping your discussions here,
where I might actually learn something  :)

Best regards,