[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Re: license status of your code on netlib]

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 10 12:36:05 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:26, John Hunter<jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have deleted it. I too do not like having a polemic on a page that
>>> should just be describing the facts of license compatibility.
>
> While I did not add that to the scipy page, I did write that some time
> ago.  In the interim, I have significantly toned down the language in
> the version on the mpl website
>
>  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/devel/coding_guide.html#licenses
>
> The polemic started it's life as a response to a question about
> licenses on the mailing list, some people found it useful, and someone
> posted it on the wiki.  But I agree, it is best to tone down any
> rhetoric about licenses so the removal is a good thing.

It's not that I don't *like* polemics or disagree with yours, but
there's a time and a place for everything. :-)

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco