[SciPy-dev] scipy.stats: sf for symmetric distributions.

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Sep 16 14:53:13 CDT 2009

On 16-Sep-09, at 3:17 PM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:

> Did you check for which distributions this would apply?
> I remember there was some problem that pymvpa had with the r
> distribution because the numerical integration close to the lower
> bound didn't work.

I haven't gone through the list exhaustively but I'm fairly certain it
will make a positive difference for the t-distribution and the
standard normal, especially since these are used in statistical tests
where people care about their p-values.

I just committed a fix for these two distributions, we can weigh the
worth of subclassing or not further (incidentally, this breaks two
ttest tests because they differ in the 17th decimal place, how sure
are you of those hard-coded numbers?).

David