[SciPy-Dev] test output 0.7.2rc1

David Cournapeau david@silveregg.co...
Fri Apr 2 04:58:37 CDT 2010

Ralf Gommers wrote:

>> I still have the 10.4 disks so yes I can try that. Actually, for real
> overkill I will probably go for virtualbox. It's not a permanent solution of
> course.

I think installing mac os x into virtualbox may be painful. The good
think with a chroot is that it is quite fast to set up once you have a
template .dmg - and is much more reliable than using all those tricks
with -sysroot ? DEPLOYMENT_TARGET / etc... which frankly don't work well
(it seems every micro version of python changes things there),
especially when distutils goes in the way.

cheers,

David