[SciPy-Dev] request for testing: SciPy 0.7.2 RC1 + NumPy 1.4.1 RC1

Mon Apr 5 12:47:40 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The first release candidate of both Scipy 0.7.2 and NumPy 1.4.1 is ready,
and I want to ask for some help with testing. I'm interested to hear about
both installs where everything is OK and where there is a problem. SciPy
0.7.2 should work with both NumPy 1.3.0 and 1.4.1. Also, reports on whether
these binaries work with matplotlib/pygame/<your favorite package here> will
be very useful.

For scipy 0.7.2 there are no new features compared to 0.7.1, the one change
is that all cython sources have been regenerated with cython 0.12 so the
resulting binary works with numpy 1.4.1. Numpy 1.4.1 has important bug fixes
that should have solved the incompatibilities with scipy and other packages
that were introduced with numpy 1.4.0.

Windows binaries:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0ghb9e/n/numpy-1.4.1rc1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe
http://filefactory.com/file/b0ghce6/n/scipy-0.7.2rc1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe

OS X binaries:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0gh5h1/n/numpy-1.4.1rc1-py2.6-python.org.dmg
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0gh638/n/scipy-0.7.2rc1-py2.6-python.org.dmg

I have not yet received the keys to the sourceforge site, so the above
temporary hosting will have to do for rc1 (apologies for the flashy ads and
download delay). Bandwidth is 150MB/hr so if the download is slow or not
working please try again a bit later.

Known issues:
- there are failing datetime tests in numpy, they should probably be marked
as knownfail or removed from the 1.4.x branch.
- the numpy OS X installer still needs artwork.

Cheers,
Ralf