[SciPy-Dev] request for testing: SciPy 0.7.2 RC1 + NumPy 1.4.1 RC1

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Apr 7 10:04:18 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> > What scipy svn version was the release candidate obtained?
>> >
>> > The reason is that I tracked down the warning messages for some of the
>> > stats
>> > tests that were addressed 15 months ago by changeset 5396 (time stamp of
>> > '01/08/09 06:38:03'):
>> > http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/changeset/5396
>

> Thanks for tracking that down, I'll backport those changes.

don't backport the *raising* of the DepreciationWarning, it's supposed
to be a warning and not an exception in 0.7   It hasn't been
backported intentionally.

according to python help subprocess raises an exception when the
command fails, which needs to be caught by the user, i.e.

name='gcc2'
cmd=[str(name), '-v']

try:
    ret = subprocess.call(cmd)