[SciPy-dev] Changes to trunk/scipy/optimize

Tue Feb 9 04:15:08 CST 2010

2010/2/9 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the following changeset coming through. Do you think docstrings
> are the right place for advertising external packages?  If not, should they
> be moved to the module docstring, or removed entirely?
>

> First, thanks to Dimitry for asking on this list before making the change.
That said, docstrings do not seem like the right place for this, module
docstring and/or tutorial seem like more appropriate places.

I do not see any reason to remove mention of OpenOpt completely, many
external packages are mentioned in our docs and OpenOpt is clearly relevant.
That it moved from scikits to some other location does not matter.

Cheers,
Ralf