[SciPy-dev] 2-review system on doc wiki

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Sat Feb 13 22:39:04 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Joe Harrington <jh@physics.ucf.edu>
> wrote:
> > Chuck Harris recently posted on the numpy-discussion list a request
> > for numpy 2.0 requirements.  I suggested that we include reviewed docs
> > in 2.0.
>
> I think you need to a provide a plan on how this can be done although
> clearly it will not be the 2.0 release but perhaps the somewhere in
> the 2.x series.
>

> > The problem is that the docstring review is stuck.  We need to
> > implement both a technical and a presentation review, but we currently
> > lack labor to do the job.  Pauli Virtanen has been busy with other
> > commitments, so there has been little progress on doc wiki changes.
>
> What do you actually need by technical review and presentation review?
> I think that we need some sort of checklist that people can go through

http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Questions+Answers/#reviewer-guidelines

First promulgated *2009-07-22, updated 2009-09-28, 2009-10-01

Unfortunately, as I say there, asking for a precise "checklist" for the
"presentation" review is _perhaps_ intractable (too much inherent
subjectivity IMO), but I don't feel that should preclude it being done.

DG
*