[SciPy-dev] cephes on Mac OS X ppc64?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Feb 17 14:10:03 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 14:03, David Warde-Farley <dwf@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> I noticed that for some reason, cephes gets built as a universal
> binary with 3 architectures: i386, ppc, and x86_64. Is there any
> reason why it's not building ppc64? (I ask because I'm trying to use
> NumPy/SciPy/etc. in 64-bit mode on a G5).

I think we test each architecture with the compiler(s) before adding
them to the list. It is possible that either your gcc or your gfortran
does not support ppc64 or we are failing to recognize that it does. Or
we might've dropped support for it. I think David Cournapeau was the
last person to touch the architecture selection code in
numpy.distutils.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."