[SciPy-dev] Reg: gsoc 2010

Wed Feb 17 15:21:04 CST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:44:15AM +0530, Mohit Goyal wrote:
>    I am a masters student doing research in data engineering. I know python
>    and have done projects on data mining and web mining.
>    I want to contribute to scipy via gsoc 2010. I am  interested in working
>    on data related projects in scipy like improving  data sources and
>    integrate it into all the numpy/scipy , adding data sets and examples to
>    scipy, data analysis etc.  Please guide me.

Hey,

Would you be interested in contributing to the scikit learn, which aims
to have reference machine learning and data mining implemented in Python
with high quality implementation, documentation and example?

The project has been asleep a bit, but is now picking up speed, as my
research group has been able to hire a very talented engineer
to contribute full-time. We are right now starting to get the ball
rolling :

    http://scikit-learn.sourceforge.net/
    http://fseoane.net/blog/2010/scikit-learn-01/

We should be able to define goals according to your interests, and
provide tutoring both on the scientific aspects (which algorithms) and on
the practical aspects to end up with successful code integration.

Cheers,

Gaël