[SciPy-dev] cephes on Mac OS X ppc64?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Feb 17 21:11:17 CST 2010

On 17-Feb-10, at 8:38 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> Unset any flags you set before (CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc...). The error
> you
> see is caused by -shared missing from LDFLAGS, and gfortran trying
> building an executable instead of a library,

Oops. I unset FFLAGS/F90FLAGS/F77FLAGS but forgot about LDFLAGS. Sorry
about that.

The build works fine once "ppc64" appears in that list. There are some
stupid minor test failures where the results are different but the
difference bounds for assert_array_almost_equal are probably too
small, but cephes is building correctly now.

I put it in a ticket and attached a patch at http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1399
  just so it's kept track of.

Also, I noticed a duplicate of my last ppc64-related bug showed up in http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1272
  but I don't have privileges necessary to mark it as a duplicate.

Thanks a lot,

David

P.S. Is there a difference between i386 and i686 as far as the Apple
gcc is concerned? I usually see it named 'i386' but in the source for
numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py it's listed as i686.