[SciPy-dev] 0.8 release date?

Sun Feb 21 19:59:55 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM, David Cournapeau <david@silveregg.co.jp>wrote:

> josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Warren Weckesser
> > <warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
> >> Is there currently a target date (even a tentative one) for the release
> >> of 0.8?
> >
> > And related, does scipy trunk stay numpy 1.4 compatible or will there
> > be a numpy 2.0 requirement?
>
> Scipy trunk requires at least the changes Pauli, Chuck and me have been
> working on for improving scipy.special.

I haven't done much, if anything, on scipy.special. There are two things I
could contribute:

1) Fix the orthogonal polynomials to use the new Chebyshev feature in numpy
>=1.4

2) Add the generalized Remez (hermitean complex) algorithm. I'm not sure
where it should go, maybe in the optimize category? The other possibility
might be interpolate. I wish we had a 'fitting' category for such things.

I'm going to be darn busy from March through April, however.

Chuck