[SciPy-dev] SciPy and vision

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Mon Jan 4 07:02:49 CST 2010

On 4-Jan-10, at 12:32 AM, Keith Curtis wrote:

> I think you guys should keep working on your image processing
> support and build a better place for vision researchers to easily
> jump into. Is this in progress?

An image processing SciKit was started back in August and has made
leaps and bounds since then. The idea with SciKits is that they may
eventually become part of SciPy.

	http://stefanv.github.com/scikits.image/

There's also scipy.ndimage which does very simple stuff, and I think
the CellProfiler guys may have some more sophisticated stuff (GPL,
though they have expressed in the past a desire to relicense bits for
upstream integration with SciPy).

David