[SciPy-dev] Is "Creative Commons: Attribution" an acceptable license for datasets included in scipy ?

Tue Jan 12 02:07:31 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 05:01:14PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,

>      Everything is in the title - I have some new IO code for
> scipy.sparse I would like to include in scipy, and the tests include
> some dataset under this license. Should I remove them before inclusion ?

I believe you must: the attribution clause is not free by OSI definition.
In addition, I am pretty sure that none of the CC licenses are DFSG-free
up to version 3.0 (don't ask me why).

Gaël